PRIDE Month is here, and we’re putting a megaphone to our beliefs and empowering our community to #LIVEPROUD. Starting today and throughout the month of June we are celebrating the LGBTQ+ community alongside our fundraising partner Softgiving, a leading charity fundraising platform, to support The Trevor Project, a nonprofit focused on crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQ+ youth.
We’re not content slapping rainbow colors on our logo on social media and calling it a day (or month). We believe in action, not hollow promises.
It begins with the community. Whether you’re loud and proud, still figuring things out, or an ally, there is a place for you at EG and a way to lend your support.
Want to show your support for the LGBTQ+ community year-round? Pick up the limited-edition #LIVEPROUD merch line in our store with proceeds going to The Trevor Project courtesy of EG partner Softgiving. Pre-orders go live today, with items shipping around June 15—just in time to celebrate Global PRIDE on June 27, whether from your home, online, or at a socially distant gathering.
#LIVEPROUD & GET CREATIVE
We’ve launched several community-focused PRIDE month activities through Rainbow Tag, our fan PRIDE competition. Draw a picture of our players, render them in 3D, create an EG PRIDE theme song, paint a mural in PRIDE colors. Whatever you decide to do, share your best PRIDE-supporting works of art with us on social media. Tag us and include the #LIVEPROUD hashtag for your chance to win prizes—from our #LIVEPROUD merchandise, to our new Anti-Hero jerseys, exclusive signed items from EG’s pro players Ricki “HelloKittyRicki” Ortiz and SonicFox, and more.
Debuting in June, we have a slate of new content on our various social media platforms:
- Video interviews with Ricki and SonicFox. This series focuses on celebrating our players’ individuality through topics such as: Finding your tribe, LGBTQ+ spaces in gaming and esports, self-care and self-love, family, and staying true to who you are.
- Release dates: Ricki’s episode will go live on Wednesday, June 3rd. SonicFox’s episode will go live on Tuesday, June 23rd.
- Platforms: A trailer for each episode will be posted to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram Stories with the full episodes on the EG YouTube.
- This bi-weekly video podcast focuses on what makes people proud. Each episode will feature an Evil Geniuses team member, our podcast host, and a special guest from either the esports and gaming community or industries such as sports and entertainment. Topics will range from current events in the LGBTQ+ community to what makes our guests proud of their sexual orientation, skin tone, or diversity—with some fun segments thrown in. Starting during PRIDE month with Ricki and SonicFox, the podcast will continue throughout 2020.
- Release dates: The first episode of PrideCast is scheduled for release on June 29.
- Platforms: A trailer for each episode will be posted to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram Stories with the full episode available on YouTube. An audio version of the podcast will also be available on popular podcast platforms. More details to come!
- Throughout June various EG players will do charity streams to support The Trevor Project through Softgiving. Keep an eye on EG socials for the schedule.
So, get ready to wave your #LIVEPROUD flag with us and Happy PRIDE to all our fans.