In April, we launched our Press Forward series aimed at addressing the biggest issues in esports and gaming. The first event, Press Forward: Young Women in Gaming, drew upwards of 245 registrants as top leaders across the industry came together to provide insight, mentorship, and guidance to the next generation of women.
Next up, Evil Geniuses is focusing on the whole body, inside and out, to help gamers of all levels feel their best to compete at their best. So, join us on Saturday, July 17 starting at 11:00am PT for Press Forward: Mental Health and Wellness in Gaming.
Here’s a rundown of what we have planned:
- 11:00am PT – Interconnectivity between health and gaming Keynote with Dr. Lindsey Migliore, Executive Director, Queer Women in Esports.
- 12:00pm PT – Physical Therapy and Performance in Esports with Dr. Caitlin McGee, 1HP Performance Esports Medicine Director and Physical Therapist, and Dr. Matt Hwu, Performance and Esports Medicine Specialist, current clients include: CLG, LA Gladiators (OWL) and LA Guerrillas (CDL).
- 1:00pm PT – Stress Management & Healthy Communication in the Gaming Community with Dr. Carolyn Rubenstein, PHD, Chief Wellness Advisor with Misfits Gaming.
- 2:00pm PT – Nutrition: What You Eat Impacts How You Play with Casey Thomas, RD, Performance Dietician.
- 3:00pm PT – Closing Ceremony Keynote by Dr. Sarah Hays, PsyD, Mentorship Lead at Queer Women of Esports.
TL;DR – EG is bringing together medical doctors, licensed therapists, nutritionists and physical therapists to teach healthy habits, life hacks, and more to help you feel better and game better.
Reserve your virtual seat now through Evil Geniuses’ Eventbrite Page here.
See you there!